Welcome to Hayton C of E Primary School
Hayton CE Primary School is a thriving village school which has been an active part of the community for nearly 200 years. The date stone of 1818 is still above the original entrance from when the school was initially built for 29 pupils. We form an integral part of the whole village and value our links with St Mary Magdalene Church, the Stone Inn, Rainbows, Brownies and the Hayton Community Project.
The school, which caters for children aged 3 - 11, houses a mixed Reception and Nursery class plus individual classes from Year 1 - Year 6. It is situated within wide open spaces with panoramic views of the North Lakes National Park. We currently have 179 children on roll which puts us in the category of a large 'small primary' but pride ourselves in maintaining a family atmosphere where individuals are respected and valued.
We continually strive for academic excellence. The rich and varied curriculum is underpinned by our ethos for developing well-being and resilience through our 8 'secret for success' which children follow in order to make positive life choices. These are: Try new things; Concentrate; Imagine; Improve; Push yourself; Don't give up; Work hard and finally, Understand others. We consider this last secret to be the most important as it affects everyone and is the umbrella under which we explore Christian values.
The golden rule that we all try to live by is to 'treat others as you would like them to treat you'.
- Mar 15, 2018 - World Book Day - Thursday 15th March *PHOTOS*
- *NEW* Photos On The Website, Thursday 15th March 2018
- Safer Internet Day: Create, Connect and Share Respect: A better internet starts with you - Tuesday 6th February 2018
- New Football Kit Sponsored By Leeds Building Society
- Grand Christmas Draw, Cake, Unicorn etc 2017 - RESULTS
- RHS Campaign For School Gardening Nomination...