Hayton School expects all pupils to wear the school uniform at all times during the school year. The uniform has been kept simple to keep costs to a minimum and parents are expected to send their children into school correctly dressed. The list below outlines current regulations.
Pupils may wear a single pair of stud earrings that they must be able to remove for PE and games lessons. No other jewellery may be worn to school although pupils may wear watches. Parents who wish their child to wear jewellery in keeping with their religion/ethnicity should contact the school direct to discuss the individual requirements. Nail varnish is not allowed.
Long hair must be tied back. A plain hairband can be worn that matches the uniform. No patterned or dyed hair is allowed.
Please note that we recommend a red PE kit drawstring bag due to the space constrictions of our corridors – these bags will hang on to pegs without falling and will minimise the possibility of slip and trip hazards.
All uniform orders are to be made online via the Border Embroideries website:
They can then be delivered direct to your home for £4.99 or free to then be collected from the Border Embroideries shop in Carlisle at 11 W Tower St, Carlisle CA3 8QT Tel: 01228 810555
To place your order, please click HERE
- Grey trousers/shorts
- White polo shirt (school logo optional)
- Navy blue sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo
- Grey, black, blue or white socks
- Grey skirt/trousers/pinafore dress/culottes
- White polo shirt (school logo optional) Navy blue checked gingham summer dress
- Black shoes (flat), no trainers and no open toed sandals in the summer
- Plain grey, black or blue tights
PE kit to be kept in a PE kit drawstring bag and not a rucksack or carrier bag.
- Navy shorts or skorts
- Hayton School red t-shirt with logo
- Black plimsolls for indoor use. Trainers for outdoors PE/Games
- Navy tracksuit trousers with school jumper – optional