Guiding Idol: Mrs Smalley Idolised By Grateful Guides
Wednesday, 1st July 2015
As reported in the Cumberland News (Friday 26th June 2015 - article extract below), Mrs Smalley has received a special recognition for her work as a Cumbrian Girlguiding volunteer.
"Brownie and Rainbow leader, Mrs Smalley, who lives in Hayton, was very surprised when she found out she had been chosen as a Guiding Idol. The award recognises the hard work and volunteer efforts of those involved with Girlguiding, and all members are invited to nominate someone they feel is an inspirational role model."
Mrs Smalley went on to say "I love spending time with the girls at meetings and running sleepovers and camps... The girls really get so much from it. People think we get paid to do it but we don't. We don't do it for money or recognition but to give back a little of what we received as young girls. I hope some of my girls will make the decision to help out at a unit to enable more girls to have the opportunity to be a part of the Guiding family."
- *NEW* Photos On The Website, Thursday 14th March 2019
- Active Travel 'Feet First' Competition Winner
- Safer Internet Day: Create, Connect and Share Respect: A better internet starts with you - Tuesday 6th February 2018
- New Football Kit Sponsored By Leeds Building Society
- RHS Campaign For School Gardening Nomination...