Ukulele Performance And Workshop With Mike Hind - All The Way From Bermuda!
Wednesday, 24th February 2016
On Tuesday 23rd February, professional ukulele player and resident of Bermuda, Mike Hind (www.mikehind.com), took a break from his busy UK touring schedule to visit Hayton School. Mr Hind was greeted by an enthusiastic crowd, eager to be entertained and keen to request an eclectic selection of musical tunes. He responded with good humour, adding his own twist to both classic and popular songs, playing the uke with demonstrative skill and exuberance.
Later, Years 3 & 4 enjoyed an educational workshop, picking up hints and tips to help improve their ukulele skills. At the end of their workshop sessions, together with a rhythymic drum section, the pupils performed tunes on their ukuleles for the whole school to enjoy. A hugely enjoyable afternoon concluded with a rousing rendition of 'I Want To Be Like You' from The Jungle Book.
Please click HERE to see photos from Mike Hind's visit.
- *NEW* Photos On The Website, Thursday 14th March 2019
- Active Travel 'Feet First' Competition Winner
- Safer Internet Day: Create, Connect and Share Respect: A better internet starts with you - Tuesday 6th February 2018
- New Football Kit Sponsored By Leeds Building Society
- RHS Campaign For School Gardening Nomination...