Nursery & Reception
Both nursery and reception are educated together in our early years unit run by Mrs Gosson-Low. This allows us to track children from the point of entry into school.
- Morning Session Mon – Fri 08.50am – 11.50am (3 hours)
- Lunch Club Mon – Fri 11.50am – 12.45pm
- Afternoon Session Mon – Fri 12.45pm – 15.15pm (2.5 hours)
The First Days
Any children wishing to join the early years class at Hayton School and who are coming from another setting will be invited to attend transition mornings prior to their entry into school.
Helping your child settle in to school is very important to us and we are happy to work alongside you to make it as easy as possible for you and your child. We hope that your child’s time in school will be a very happy and productive one. If you have any queries, or if we can be of any help, please contact the school at any time.
The curriculum is based upon the following seven areas of learning:
The Prime Areas:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
The Specific Areas:
- Understanding of the world
- Expressive Arts and Design
We will provide opportunities for the children to learn in these areas both through play, and with more structured activities such as craft times, snack time, etc.
Nursery & Reception
Our school needs you! Help us win £5,000 of National Book Tokens 📚 for the school library - and get £100 for yourse… https://t.co/SuPIgn3OEn7 days ago
Well done to Years 2 and 4 on their performances at the Lanercost Festival in Brampton church today. Thank you to M… https://t.co/7IukRKsERc8 days ago
Well done to our Year 3 and 4 tennis players who took part in Carlisle Schools tennis competition coming second in… https://t.co/ffn457mevs9 days ago
- Help Us To Win £5000 For The School Library...
- *NEW* Photos On The Website, Friday 25th May 2018
- Safer Internet Day: Create, Connect and Share Respect: A better internet starts with you - Tuesday 6th February 2018
- New Football Kit Sponsored By Leeds Building Society
- Grand Christmas Draw, Cake, Unicorn etc 2017 - RESULTS