A hot school lunch is available to all children. The meal is currently free of charge except for children in Key Stage 2 and Nursery. At present, the cost of the lunch is £2.40 per day (from September 2017). Meals are cooked at The Stone Inn in Hayton and transported into school.
Children not participating in school lunches bring sandwiches to school in their lunch box. We ask parents to try to provide a healthy balance of foods designed with their own child’s tastes in mind, but ask that sweets and chocolate be discouraged. It is essential that your child has a drink with his/her lunch but please check that drinks are sealed properly to prevent spills. We discourage fizzy drinks in lunch boxes.
Cold water taps or coolers are installed in classrooms to allow children access to fresh water at all times. At morning break all children receive a piece of fruit or vegetable free of charge. Sweets, crisps etc. are not permitted. Milk is available free of charge to children under 5 and at a subsidised rate for older children.
Good luck to everyone taking part in the Lanercost Cross Country on Saturday 🏃♀️ 🏃♂️about 22 hours ago
Congratulations to everyone on their wonderful, imaginative & creatively decorated eggs! https://t.co/1y1xSNSHfy22 days ago
- *NEW* Photos On The Website, Thursday 29th March 2018
- Safer Internet Day: Create, Connect and Share Respect: A better internet starts with you - Tuesday 6th February 2018
- New Football Kit Sponsored By Leeds Building Society
- Grand Christmas Draw, Cake, Unicorn etc 2017 - RESULTS
- RHS Campaign For School Gardening Nomination...